PetAlive - Cushex Drops-S
Herbal supplement for adrenal and pituitary gland balance in dogs to support healthy energy, skin and coat, appetite, digestive health, and more
Uses: Helps maintain balance in the endocrine system*
- Supports the health of your pet’s adrenal glands and maintains normal functioning
- Supports healthy energy levels, appetite, and digestion
- Maintains healthy blood pressure and normal blood sugar levels
- Supports normal urination and healthy fluid and electrolyte balance in the body
- Promotes health and strength of the skin and coat to help prevent thinning
What is Cushex Drops-S?
Cushex Drops-S is a 100% safe and effective, non-addictive, natural adrenal remedy formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine to promote adrenal and pituitary gland balance and health in dogs. Cushex Drops can make all the difference to adrenal health, without the risk of serious side effects.
Like humans, all pets are exposed to a fair amount of daily stress, which eventually taxes the system. Excited “good” stress, such as over a trip to the beach or reacting to guests in the house, has the same cumulative effect on the body as “bad” stress, such as going to the vet or kennel, and can lead to a buildup of cortisol.
As a result, your pet may begin to experienceincreased appetite, the most noticeable effect of long-term exposure to cortisol, and frequently beg, become possessive of his food, or get into the garbage. You may also notice increased thirst and water consumption in your pet, which leads to more frequent urination and often accidents inside.Hair loss and thinning, especially around the elbows, flank and abdomen, may also result after extended cortisol exposure.
To ensure the safety of Cushex Drops-S and provide the highest quality, most effective product, we use only Premium Whole Herb manufacturing. This process excludes the use of any chemical solvents during extraction and maintains the balance of the whole herb to give you the very best possible safety, quality and efficacy. This is unlike other products that use standardized extracts, exposing the ingredients to harsh chemical solvents and removing the supporting metabolites from the plant.
Cushex Drops-S contains a unique and scientifically chosen selection of herbs known for their beneficial effects on promoting balance in the endocrine system, specifically the HPA (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal) axis, thereby supporting many functions of the body. It can be used to help the body naturally mitigate the effects of long-term exposure to high levels of cortisol, supporting healthy energy, skin and coat, digestive health, and more. Because of this, it can be used to help the body naturally avoid long-term exposure to high levels of cortisol,supporting healthy energy, skin and coat, digestive health, and more.
One of those ingredients, Dandelion, is well known not only for supporting normal adrenal functioning, but also for the vitamins and minerals it contains that are important for hair health and growth, and as a powerful antioxidant.
Our Cushex Drops-S formulation also includes Astragalus, an herb which has been used for many centuries as a revitalizing herb. Astragalus is known as an adaptogen and helps to support balance in the adrenal glands. It helps to maintain healthy adrenal cortical function and is important for supporting blood pressure and blood sugar levels already within the normal range. . Together with Burdock, a cleansing and eliminating herb excellent at supporting waste removal from the body, along with Licorice, used to help with cortisol levels, Cushex Drops works to provide a therapeutic blend of herbs for ultimate efficacy.
Cushex Drops-S is easy to administer, and the serving can be adjusted to suit pets of all sizes. Herbal Cushex Drops-S is also a great complementary remedy to Cushex Drops-M, a homeopathic medicine to help symptoms of adrenal & pituitary gland imbalance in dogs. These symptoms include excessive thirst and urination, stomach upset, nausea, indigestion, heartburn and vomiting, and skin problems like dry, itching skin.
The formula remains true to the full spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bioavailability and balance of all the active ingredients contained in the remedy. Unlike standardized extracts, which expose the ingredients to harsh chemical solvents and remove the supporting metabolites from the plants, this manufacturing method significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and ensures that all active ingredients are in perfect balance.
All PetAlive products are manufactured in a FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists.
Adrenal gland health
The adrenal glands are two small, triangular-shaped endocrine glands located on top of the kidneys. They are orange in color and covered in a connective tissue capsule that is hidden in a layer of fat. These glands are made up of two parts – the adrenal cortex (outside) and the adrenal medulla (inside). The adrenal glands work together with the pituitary gland and hypothalamus in the brain for the overall health and functioning of your dog.
The process commences when the hypothalamus produces corticotrophin hormones which stimulate the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland, in turn also produces ACTH (Adrenocortico-trophic hormone) which then stimulates the adrenal glands to produce corticosteroid hormones.
These hormones are key components for your dog’s health and vitality - they are responsible for the functioning of every tissue, organ and gland in the body. Adrenal glands maintain metabolic processes by managing blood sugar levels, regulating inflammation as well the balance of salt and water, and controlling the “fight or flight” response to stress.
Excessive cortisol levels can be related to prolonged use of corticosteroids, or as a result of extended ‘fight or flight’ hormones. Maintaining adrenal balance is therefore key to promoting health in your furry friends.
The natural way
Herbal and homeopathic remedies can play an important role in supporting the health and balance of your dog's adrenal glands, and a holistic approach is the best way to contribute to your pet's general health. Due to the vital importance of adrenal balance, it is not surprising that natural remedies have the answers! After all, organ and systemic support are the cornerstones of a holistic approach! By supporting adrenal health, the natural approach aims to facilitate well-being across a number of body systems, thereby encouraging wellness and vitality every day!
What are the ingredients?
Cushex Drops-S is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Dandelion, Burdock, Astragalus.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is well-known as a supporter for the liver, kidneys and adrenal glands and will help to support normal adrenal functioning. Dandelion also contains vitamins and minerals important for hair health and growth and has been studied for its antioxidant activities (Hu, C. and Kitts, D. D. “Antioxidant, prooxidant, and cytotoxic activities of solvent-fractionated dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) flower extracts in vitro.” J Agric.Food Chem. 1-1-2003; 51(1):301-310).
- Burdock (Arctium lappa) is a cleansing and eliminating herb and is excellent at cleansing the tissues and supporting waste removal from the body (Shimizu, J., Yamada, N., Nakamura, K., Takita, T., and Innami, S. “Effects of different types of dietary fiber preparations isolated from bamboo shoots, edible burdock, apple and corn on fecal steroid profiles of rats.” J Nutr Sci Vitaminol. (Tokyo) 1996; 42(6):527-539). Burdock is also traditionally recommended for maintaining blood sugar levels already within the normal range and has been investigated for its ability to support health.
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceous) is an herb which has been used for many centuries as a revitalizing herb. Astragalus is known as an adaptogen and helps to support balance in the adrenal glands. It helps to maintain healthy adrenal cortical function and is important for supporting blood pressure and blood sugar levels already within the normal range. Recent research confirms the positive effect of Astragalus in supporting the immune system.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) has a long history of being used to help with cortisol levels and for its liver protecting and immune balancing effects.
- Eleuthero root (Eleutherococcus) is commonly just referred to as ‘Eleuthero’ and is highly respected and prized as a natural energy tonic to support energy, circulation, and natural vitality and to act as an overall systemic supporter. Eleuthero is comparable to Ginseng and is an excellent supportive tonic for healthy adrenal hormones. It has also been shown to have anti-stress, anti-inflammatory and liver protecting properties.
How do I use Cushex Drops-S?
Mix drops into a small amount of food or a treat 2-3 times daily.
Cats and Dogs under 20 lbs: 2-3 drops
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 5 drops
Dogs over 50 lbs: 0.25 mL
Note: For added vitality support, it is recommended that Cushex Drops-S be administered in conjunction with Energy Tonic.
Caution: Not recommended for dogs with Addison's disease. Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep this and all medicines from the reach of children.
Get optimum benefits with regular use
Natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. To ensure your pet maintains optimum health it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using it regularly as part of a maintenance program that supports continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
How long will a bottle last?
One 60 mL bottle of Cushex Drops-S will last for 20-80 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.
Two years ago, my (then) eleven year old Boxer was having a really rough go. She was listless, hungry all the time, barking at everything, drinking a bunch and having accidents in the house. We took her to her Vet and they unbalance in endocrine system. After hearing our options, and that he didn't think she'd live much longer, my husband and i took to the internet.
We found Cushex and, after reading the reviews, decided to try it. Well, it's been two years now and my (now) thirteen year old Boxer is doing great. I really don't think we'd still have her with us if it hadn't been for this product. Even our Vet was impressed when her blood work came back normal!!! He wrote down the info for other/future patients.
Thank you, Pet Alive, for making this remarkable product!
I ordered Cushex a while ago and really didn't believe that it would work. My 15 year old Chihuahua had a intestinal blockage. They had to shave her belly. Her hair was chopped and it was like that for months. Nothing was growing back. So, I opened the bottle and started giving her the drops. All of her hair grew back, she started drinking less and managed to hold in her urine for most of the day. I am impressed! She is so much more like herself. very happy I found this product and very happy I tried it. Thank you -